Maintenance 1st Class
The Maintenance 1st Class (Full-Time) is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
• Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
• Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
• Take required readings on equipment.
• Test cooling tower and record readings.
• Replace and program televisions as needed.
• Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
• Perform furniture repair.
• Replace and repair pumps.
• Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
• Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Trace and repair all types of water lines.
• Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
• Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
• Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
• Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
• Paint designated areas.
• Repair and finish sheet rock.
• Repair all types of wall coverings.
• Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
• Greet guests in a friendly manner and follow check in/out procedures
• Take payments and post accurately to guest accounts
• Follow set polices regarding cash handling
• Mild physical work
• Communicate with other departments in an effective, friendly and professional manner
• Be knowledgeable of local attractions, activities and restaurants to recommend to guests
• Handle incoming telephone calls and other guest communication in a professional manner
• Accurately communicate with other shifts regarding issues arising from day to day operations
• Other duties as required
Apply in person at:Southernmost House
1400 Duval St.
Application hours are from 9am to 3:30pm
Can also send resume to: